Drupal, GovCMS and Wordpress
Drupal is an enterprise-grade, open source (no license fees) content management system (CMS). It’s highly maintained and secure, with over a million community contributors globally and strong worldwide adoption. It’s also won several international open source CMS awards and is the CMS of choice backed by the Australian Federal Government via its GovCMS .
Wordpress is also a leading open source CMS, and the most popular website management tool used today.
While some organisations have in-house experts to manage their website, many organisations will need extra help building, enhancing and supporting a site. Ongoing support provides:
- Business continuity — software maintenance (including security patching, break fixes, etc.) is conducted consistently and qualitatively to ensure no-to-low disruption to your business.
- Governance via strong technical leadership, coordination and/or oversight to ensure support requests are analysed and resolved with minimal impact.
- A boost to your existing website capacity and/or capability.
- The ability to use support services on a needs basis.
Benefits of website support
Support for your website and CMS delivers the following benefits:
- Confidence — peace of mind, knowing operational issues will be addressed and resolved.
- Maintenance — reduced development costs and security and maintenance liabilities with experts adopting best practices.
- Flexibility — software maintenance model based on your needs for web enhancements and/or ad-hoc support.
Salsa’s web enhancement and support services
- 9 to 5 helpdesk for level 1 and/or level 2 support
- Content management and/or user/application administration
- Security patch management
- Minor application enhancements and/or fixes
- Technical governance, leadership and/or solution direction sounding board
- Investigation, estimation and quotation of enhancements
- General enquiries, operational support and training
- Release management support and related services
- Optional regression test authoring and validation services
Find out more about our Drupal services, GovCMS or general web development services.
These services can be provided via bulk pre-purchased hours or a monthly retainer package.
- Bulk pre-purchased hours work well if you’ve got less predictable support needs, because it provides you with support on demand, on an ad-hoc basis. The bulk pre-purchased hours are available in blocks of 5 hours, 10 hours, 20 hours or another agreed package.
- The monthly retainer package is ideal if you’ve got predictable or structural ongoing application support needs or you need higher service level agreements (SLAs). It’s also available in blocks of time.
We also offer premium ‘immediate response’ support and after-hours standby support.