Join a remote and distributed team of senior digital engineers to uplift and contribute to our QA practice. Build repeatable scripts, automations and processes that enable us to confidently release features, enhancements and fixes with quality, speed and efficiency.
A strong capability in developing quality test practices and delivering test automation frameworks is essential. Experience in government, WCAG AA 2.X, and PHP/CMS frameworks and platforms such as Drupal, Wordpress and Laravel is highly desired.
As a senior member of our team, it’s essential you’re comfortable pushing the boundaries of quality testing practices and automation, conveying thought leadership, respectfully challenging, and being respectfully challenged.
Remote working, flexible hours, an open ethos, and an authentic values-based culture and purpose are further benefits we offer.
While we love, appreciate and embrace diversity, a requirement of this position is that the successful candidate must be an Australian citizen as mandated by many of our government clients.
About Salsa Digital
First and foremost we are an authentic bunch of great humans driven by purpose, by values and by people.
We are a digital innovation company with a strong presence in Australian government focusing on GovTech, CivicTech and Open Data.
With an 18-year legacy in open source, born out of Victoria, Australia, we have recently become a fully remote and distributed team made up of digital engineers and specialists from across the globe.
Our authentic purpose (our vision) is what drives us: to help governments become more open, more connected and more consolidated. To realise this vision we partner with governments across Australia to help them digitally transform, better engage with citizens, and open up to co-create and co-innovate with industry.
We’re pleased to have delivered, and continue delivering, many large-scale, whole-of-government Drupal CMS and CKAN open data platforms across multiple jurisdictions throughout Australia. We’re also pleased to be the official service delivery partner for GovCMS on behalf of the Australian Federal Government, and Single Digital Presence and Data.Vic on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Our crew, aka Salsarians :), are pretty amazing! They work hard and have fun while staying true to our company values of:
- Mutual Respect
- Personal Growth
- Commercial Outcomes
- Fresh Thinking
As the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst you’ll be responsible for:
- Testing site builds and upgrades, validation of features per acceptance criteria as well as end-of-delivery regression testing. The testing permutations involve industry-prominent browsers and device combinations.
- Creating test suites to be used as a master repository on existing projects and future projects.
- Ensuring that accessibility is considered in all stages of the project lifecycle, that all designs and code meet accessibility best practices and standards, that all content editors are trained in making content accessible, and that Salsarians understand accessibility guidelines and how to test against them.
- Working with our developers on designing and implementing test automation strategies for Salsa projects.
- Working with Salsa executive management to refine and uplift the Salsa testing processes and tooling.
- While knowledge of accessibility compliance is desired, Salsa can upskill the analyst in accessibility compliance to successfully fulfill the position.
Skills (must haves)
- Must be an Australian citizen
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, to technical and non-technical personnel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to drive the overall test strategy for Salsa
- Strong analytical skills with a methodical, team-focused approach
- Experience in setting up test environments and in performing test execution
- 3-5 years of experience as a digital test engineer
- Ability to write automated tests in a range of languages
- Engineering and/or IT qualifications
Skills (nice to have)
- Australian government experience in the digital domain
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 AA and 2.1 AA
- Ability to upskill for the accessibility function within this role
- Experience in testing for Australian government departments/agencies
- Experience with Drupal and/or CKAN
- Australian Government baseline security clearance
- Attractive salary package
- Work from home
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity for career development
- Be supported by a group of diverse, fun, passionate and genuinely good people
- A flat and transparent organisational culture where you get answers, FAST!
- Refer-a-friend Employee Benefits Scheme
- Opportunity to earn an annual bonus
Want to know more?
You may like to:
- Read some recent case studies to get an idea of the types of project you could be working on
- Read our latest Insights for thought leadership pieces
Contact Angela Rako (human resources) on 03 9910 4839 or apply online using the form below.