Join a remote and distributed team of senior DevOps engineers to help automate, maintain, monitor, secure, uplift and scale resilient government-grade infrastructure platforms for some of the largest open source Drupal CMS-hosted implementations throughout Australia.
Strong capability in containerisation, automation and web application architecture is essential. Experience in PHP/CMS frameworks and platforms such as Drupal, Wordpress and Laravel is highly desired.
As a senior member of our team, it’s essential you’re self-initiated, comfortable pushing the boundaries, respectfully challenging, and being respectfully challenged.
Remote working, flexible hours, an open ethos, and an authentic values-based culture and purpose are further benefits we offer.
First and foremost we are an authentic bunch of great humans driven by purpose, by values and by people.
We are a digital innovation company with a strong presence in Australian government focusing on GovTech, CivicTech and Open Data.
With an 18-year legacy in open source, born out of Victoria, Australia, we have recently become a fully remote and distributed team made up of digital engineers and specialists from across the globe.
Our authentic purpose (our vision) is what drives us: to help governments become more open, more connected and more consolidated. To realise this vision we partner with governments across Australia to help them digitally transform, better engage with citizens, and open up to co-create and co-innovate with industry.
We’re pleased to have delivered, and continue delivering, many large-scale, whole-of-government Drupal CMS and CKAN open data platforms across multiple jurisdictions throughout Australia. We’re also pleased to be the official service delivery partner for GovCMS on behalf of the Australian Federal Government, and Single Digital Presence and Data.Vic on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Our crew, aka Salsarians :), are pretty amazing! They work hard and have fun while staying true to our company values of:
- Mutual Respect
- Personal Growth
- Commercial Outcomes
- Fresh Thinking
- Ramping up within complex, enterprise-grade, technical environments quickly
- Determining DevOps opportunities via an understanding of present pain points, including lack of automation, inefficient technical solutions or too many technical barriers or complexity
- Researching technical solutions to meet new integration and automation requirements, and documenting and presenting these options to different stakeholders
- Analysing the technical requirements of platform changes or technical issues, and breaking them down into manageable units in the form of groomed agile stories/tickets
- Collaborating with other technical stakeholders to determine optimal technical solution pathways and producing appropriate documentation
- Building and releasing better technical solutions that help users and stakeholders
- Being a go-to person for technical stakeholders to help explain technical approaches and general knowledge-share for DevOps technologies
- Escalation point for technical challenges to resolve complex technical issues
- Providing work estimates for planned changes/tickets
- Working with the Product Owner (platform) to help plan and communicate the product roadmap
- Maintaining knowledge of industry best practice DevOps tools, applications and solution approaches
- Building authentic open relationships with stakeholders - supporting a project/program culture with open communication, trust and respect
- Representing Salsa’s strong open ethos and brand to establish new trusted relationships and nurture existing ones
Skills (must haves)
- A critical mass (at least 75% coverage) of the following specific technical skills is required:
- CI (GitLab, Circle, Jenkins)
- AWX, Ansible
- ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- AWS technologies (S3, EC2, RDS, Elasticache, SES, etc.)
- Shell scripting (Bash, Sh, etc.)
- Other scripting languages (PHP, Python, Lua, Go, Java)
- Web-serving architectures (NGINX, Apache, Varnish)
- CDN technologies (Akamai, Cloudflare, CloudFront, etc.)
- Docker (Docker Compose, image management)
- Kubernetes cluster management (OpenShift, Lagoon, etc.)
- PHP/CMS frameworks/platforms a plus (Drupal, Wordpress, Laravel)
In addition, the following general behaviours and experience are required:
- Very strong working knowledge of digital web technologies including application, DevOps, hosting and containerisation technologies (Kubernetes)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to speak authoritatively on complex technical matters
- Exceptional communication with customer and internal managers – listening and providing answers
- Ability to build good working relationships with all program stakeholders
- Ability to gather and assimilate information
- Ability to adapt and prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Significant experience working on projects/programs using agile methodologies
- 5+ years experience as technical lead/architect or DevOps
Skills (nice to have)
- Working knowledge of Azure/Google Cloud
- Attractive salary package
- Work from home
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity for career development
- Be supported by a group of diverse, fun, passionate and genuinely good people
- A flat and transparent organisational culture where you get answers, FAST!
- Refer-a-friend Employee Benefits Scheme
- Opportunity to earn an annual bonus
Want to know more?
You may like to:
- Read some recent case studies to get an idea of the types of project you could be working on
- Read our latest Insights for thought leadership pieces
If this role excites you and would like to explore further apply below or call Anglea Rako (human resources) on 03 9910 4839.